Christmas Loving


You know, I really would forget my head if it wasn't screwed on.

The other day, when I posted about these little trees tags that I made, a few of you asked me how I adapted the original pattern to make these trees.  Well, it's very simple really.  The triangle part comes from the Summer Loving Bunting, as I mentioned last time and there's not much to it at all after that but a few stitches for the truck and a teeny star.

Now, I didn't think I'd have time to post about exactly what I did so I was planning to send a couple of messages to those folks who asked and just explain the finishing touches that I added.  But I popped on here today and what do I see sitting here but I draft post titled ' Christmas Loving'....  and what would be inside but the pattern for these very same little trees?

I must have made a note of the slight changes I made as I went along.  I made these a couple of weeks ago you see and I'd completely forgotten about my notes.  See, I'm such a strange combination of killer organised and total disaster.  If only I could just be organised and remember stuff, think what might be achieved then!  Never mind, I shan't let the foggy little brain cells I have left dwell on it.  Let's get on...

 : :



↟↟↟   CHRISTMAS TREES   ↟↟

Yarn:
DMC Petra No 5 Crochet Thread
(Or any 100% cotton yarn)

Hook:
2.20mm (USA B)
(Or hook size appropriate for your yarn)

Size:
8 x 9cm

Other:
Spray starch or pvc (white) glue for stiffening the trees
Stitch Marker

Terms:
UK Crochet terms
See here for help converting to US terms


TREE

6ch, ss into 1st ch to form a loop, then:

Round 1: 2ch, 2trcl [counts as 3trcl], 2ch, (3trcl, 2ch) repeat five times, ss into top of 1st cl.

Round 2: ss into space, 2ch, 2trcl [counts as 3trcl], 3ch, 3trcl into same sp, *3ch, 1dc into next sp, 3ch, 1dc in same sp, 3ch, (3trcl, 3ch, 3trcl) into next sp,* repeat from * to * once more, 3ch, 1dc into next sp, 3ch, 1dc in same sp, 3ch, ss into top of 1st cl.

Round 3: ss into space, 2ch, 2trcl [counts as 3trcl], 3ch, 3trcl into same sp, *3ch, 1dc in next sp, (2ch, 1dc in next sp) twice, 3ch,** (3trcl, 3ch, 3trcl) in next sp,* repeat from * to * around ending last repeat at **, ss into top of 1st cl.

Round 4: 1ch, 1dc in same st, *(1dc, 1htr, 1tr, 1ch, 1tr, 1htr, 1dc) all into next sp, 1dc in top of cl, 3dc in next sp [for first repeat only, place marker in last of 3dc's just worked], 1dc in cl, (2dc in ch sp, 1dc in cl) twice, 3dc in next sp,** 1dc in cl,* repeat from * to * around ending last repeat at **, ss into top of 1st dc.


TRUNK

Join yarn to st indicated by stitch marker, then:

Row 1:  1ch, dc in same st, 8dc.
Row 2: 1ch, skip 1, 6dc, 2dc tog.
Row 3: 1ch, dc in same st, 6dc.

STAR

Make a Magic Loop then:

Round 1: (3ch, ss into loop) 5 times.
Cut yarn and pull loop tight.

Use the yarn tails from the star to tie the star to the tree and create a hanging loop.
Pin out face down and spray with starch, or paint with glue to stiffen.

: :






You could do what you like with these once you've made them up.  I'm using mine to add a decorative touch to my present wrapping, but you could string them into bunting to drape about, hang them on the tree, even use them as coasters if you had a thicker yarn.  Ooh, I might try that!

I hope you have fun with them and feel free to tag me to a pic on IG, I'd love to see what you do.

(Thank you once again to Melisa of @coffeepaperyarn for the inspiration!)



S x




SUBSCRIBE:

   



Comments

  1. Good write-up, I'm regular visitor of one's blog, maintain up the
    nice operate, and It's going to be a regular visitor for a
    lengthy time.

    ReplyDelete